Thursday, May 15, 2008

Gay Marriage


California overturns ban in gay marriage


Maybe I'm showing my liberal (even though I'm registered Republican) side here, but I never understood the controversity surrounding gay marriage. Who are we to decide who can and cannot love each other? Do we as a country want to be like the dussaproving father who doesn't like his daughter's boyfriend (or in this case girlfriend)? With so much hatred already in the world , why would any one want to add to it?

I've just don't get who gay marriage would be harming. The wedding industry would gain valuable customers in a time when the economy is a little slow (it's not a recession dang it). Legislatures could move on to things that actually matter, such as I don't know, the economy, education, the next election, global warming, China, Tibet, Burma, ohh and that little thing they call the Iraq War. Those who don't approve of gay marriage are only affected in the same way a Goth is offended by color.

The only ones I can think of being even remotely affected un a negative way would be the church and you know, they do that well enough anyway.

Where I'm from we have a uniqueway of thought: If it doesn't affect us we don't care one way or the other. I wish eveyone else would think this way as well. Don't decide something because someone else says it should be that way. If you don't have feelings on a subject, "I don't care" is still a valid response.

No comments: